Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Chiropractic is becoming more commonplace for women who seek the healthiest, happiest pregnancies possible!
Why is chiropractic care important during my pregnancy?
Throughout the course of your pregnancy there will be many physiological and hormonal changes as your body prepares for the birth of your baby. Center of gravity moves forward increasing the low back curve and placing extra strain through the low back spine. The hormone relaxing loosens joints, increasing mobility and decreasing stability which creates aggravation of previous joint injuries and amplifies pelvic instability.
Growing baby and increased fetal movement creates expansion of lower rib cage which can be aggravating to mid back joints that connect on ribs. Modified pressure through shoulders to offset change in center of gravity causing loss of cervical curve leading to headaches. Pelvic misalignment alters pelvic opening and soft tissue which supports the uterus. Sacral subluxation disrupts the pelvic region which may contribute to dystocia (difficult labor).
What is possible with Chiropractic Care during pregnancy?
- Maintain healthier pregnancy Control symptoms of nausea
- Encourages optimal fetal position through proper pelvic alignment
- Reduced pelvic and round ligament discomfort
- Pelvic alignment & balance Reduction in preeclampsia Reduce labor times
- Reduces likelihood of Cesarean Reduced instances of dystocia
- Reduce need for pain medication
- Less incidence of postpartum depression
- Promotes optimal fetal positioning Supports natural labor and delivery
- More comfort while breastfeeding Greater production of breastmilk Less back, neck and joint pain Less back labor
- Reduced risk of breech or flipping breech baby